The Gaming Management ProgramGaming Management Programs at the University of Nevada, Reno include:
- Weeklong management programs»
- Seminars and short courses»
- Customized programs»
- Executive Development Program»
- Undergraduate business minor
in gaming management»
- Institute for the Study of Gambling and Commercial Gaming»
About the Gaming Management Program
Celebrating its 26th year as the world’s premier provider of gaming management education, the University of Nevada, Reno’s Gaming Management Program has been training gaming professionals since 1989. Over the years the program has grown in size and diversity and now offers courses designed for mid-level managers and supervisors as well as for senior-level directors, gaming regulators, and executives and owners of gaming operations and suppliers worldwide.
Developed by the University in partnership with top industry experts, Gaming Management Program courses provide the best demonstrated practices used today, helping casino professionals keep pace in a dynamic and rapidly changing industry. Since its inception, the University’s Gaming Management Program has educated more than 9200 participants from every state and country in the world with regulated gaming operations. Among the program’s enrollees, 1408 have earned the University’s full Certificate in Gaming Management, a professional credential signifying commitment to excellence, substantial knowledge and mastery of skills necessary for successful management in the gaming industry.
The University of Nevada, Reno offers a variety of gaming education opportunities including management programs and seminars on the University campus, short and weeklong courses offered across the county and around the globe, an international executive development program and an undergraduate degree with a minor in gaming management, as well as customized on-site programs available anywhere in the world — all designed by industry leaders and University of Nevada, Reno faculty.
Many of our gaming programs and courses may be customized and brought to your organization! With our customized, in-house programs you can:
- Receive training tailored to your organization's specific needs
- Reduce employee hours spent away from the workplace
- Train more people at one time, at your location
Download complete information on our customized programs (Adobe PDF). Call for more information: (775) 784-4046
Earn a Certificate in Gaming
To earn a certificate in Gaming Management:
- Complete 90 or more hours of instruction acquired by attendance in any Gaming Management course offered through Extended Studies. This may be any combination of residential (weeklong) courses, short (one- and two-day) courses and customized in-house offerings.
- Submit a three-page paper* on the regulatory structure and legal environment of the gaming jurisdiction in which you currently work.
- Attend all course sessions to receive credit.
*Upon completion of the required hours, you will receive the guidelines and specific requirements for your paper.
Individual Course Certificates of Completion
A certificate of completion will be issued to each student at the conclusion of each course. This will serve as evidence to you, and in some cases, to your employer, of your success. In addition, Extended Studies will maintain a transcript to track and record all courses taken toward completion of the Certificate in Gaming Management.
Courses may be taken independently or applied to the Gaming Management certificate. Formal admission to the University is not required.