The Online Graduate Certificate in Renewable Energy is open to all students who hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, management, or a closely related field. Students must have a B (3.0) or better grade point average in the program to earn the certificate, and all course work must be completed within five years of matriculation. The certificate program may be used to fulfill the renewable energy emphasis area of the University of Nevada, Reno’s on-campus MBA degree program.
Please note: Due to federal regulations and state authorization requirements, the online certificate may not be eligible to residents of certain states. Please contact Online and Independent Learning for more information.
Application and Admission Process
STEP 1: APPLY TO THE UNIVERSITY
- If you are not a current UNR student, please apply to the university as a “New Graduate Special” student. If you are a current UNR student you do not need to re-apply; please proceed to step 2.
- If you are a Nevada resident, please submit an Initial Residency Application or the short form, and corresponding documents to Admissions and Records, University of Nevada, Reno/MS 120 Reno, NV 89557 or fax (775) 784-4283.
- Immunization records are required for students residing in Washoe County and must be submitted to Admissions and Records, University of Nevada, Reno/MS 120 Reno, NV 89557 or fax (775) 784-4283. If you live outside of Washoe County, contact Erin Nelson (775) 784-4652 for an immunization waiver.
You will receive notification from Admissions and Records once your application has been processed. If you have any questions or need assistance with your application or admissions to UNR, please contact Admissions and Records at (775) 784-4700.
STEP 2: APPLY TO THE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM
Please submit the following application materials to Erin Nelson, Online and Independent Learning, University of Nevada, Reno/MS 0050, Reno, NV 89557 or fax (775) 784-1280:
- Renewable Energy Certificate Application
- Written personal statement indicating educational and career objectives
- Resume detailing professional experience
- Official transcripts for non-UNR students
You will receive notification of acceptance to the certificate program from Online and Independent Learning or the College of Engineering. If you have any questions or need assistance with your Renewable Energy application, please contact Erin Nelson at Online and Independent Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or (775) 784-4652.
Please note: Due to federal regulations, those students who are in the U.S. on an F-1 visa cannot take more than one class (3 credits) per semester. There is no semester course limit for students pursuing the certificate while residing outside of the U.S.
For international applicants seeking a visa to study within the U.S., please note, different application procedures apply. Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars or (775) 784-6874.
Dates and Deadlines
- May 3, 2013 - Application deadline for Summer Session 2013
- July 15, 2013 – Application deadline for the Fall 2013 semester